Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Searching For Dolphins

Today my husband and I went sailing for the first time on a Hobie Catamaran while on vacation.  It is fun to try something new, and this was an enjoyable adventure for us both.  We spent about an hour cruising the ocean bay near our resort.  While this is not deep in the open sea, there is still a chance for marine wildlife. 

I asked my husband to find me a dolphin, and he said “I’ll try.”  Of course, we both knew this was like asking to find a needle in a haystack.  Yet he did not say “No,” he said “I’ll try.”  I thought that was cute. 

Of course, what this really means is we are going to sail around and look at the water.  And if we see a dolphin, then great.  

It struck me that this is typical for my husband’s perspective on life.  He does not say “No” when asked to help with new things.  He tries.  He will google it and give it his best shot.  Kind of like sailing a Hobie Cat, which he had never done before.  Besides, how hard can it be?  Turns out a lot easier than finding a dolphin in the bay.

This is one of the reasons I love this man.  He tries.  This is the tenacity I hope our children learn from him.  Happy 25th anniversary, Dennis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment