Thursday, June 28, 2018

I’m Just Here for the Owls

Recently my family and I went camping at a state park, and were surprised to find that we scheduled our trip on the same weekend as a yearly festival.  Several activities were planned, including concerts at the amphitheater Friday and Saturday nights.  The first night had Christian music, including a group we know from Christian radio.  The second night had other musicians we had not heard of. 


The first night was a lot of fun, and for a special treat there were several barred owls flying amongst the crowd.  Given my husband and daughter’s certification as falconers, this was pretty exciting for us.  The second night we had no idea what music the artists played, and we had no WiFi or cellular service to look them up.  My husband and I decided to go and check it out while my kids stayed behind in our RV.


The music had a good beat, yet some of the lyrics were quite inappropriate, and not consistent with our morals and values.  At one point I looked at my husband, and he looked at me.  Then the truth came out as he said, “I’m just here for the owls.”


The owls delivered.  My husband took some beautiful pictures of them perched on the tree and flying through he air.  They were majestic and amazing. 


This event reminded me not to miss the beauty around us.  Life is sometimes unpredictable and frustrating, yet God always delivers.  The beauty is there if we open our hearts and look for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment