Saturday, March 31, 2018

Help, My Bike is Drowning!

I was reminded this afternoon about a sweet day when my daughter was about five.  We were walking around a small lake at a park with my parents and their dogs, and my daughter was riding her bike with training wheels.  My daughter ended up veering off the path, down a small hill leading to the water.  She was unable to stop and drove that bike straight into the lake.  We were right there with her and she was never in any danger.  As we plucked her quickly out of the water, her bike sunk a little deeper.  “Help,” she said, “my bike is drowning!”

Her desperate plea for her bike made me chuckle. I “rescued” her bike and got her into some dry clothes.  The poor little thing was so upset about a problem that really was not a problem at all.

I wonder how often we do the same.  Many of the things that upset us are little things when you stop to think about it.  I wonder how often God looks down at us and chuckles.  Certainly there are times that I have chuckled myself when remembering silly things from my past for which I got pretty upset.

Even our big problems are small problems to God.  When I think back to the big problems I have had in the past, I usually find myself saying “That really did work out after all, didn’t it?”

God truly is a faithful God—imagine that.







No comments:

Post a Comment