Saturday, March 31, 2018

Bugs In My Coffee

I didn’t bring a coffee cup with a lid to our camping trip this weekend.  I have plenty at home, I just did not think about it.  One of the most enjoyable things for me when camping is to sit outside in the morning and stare up at the trees, birds, sky, and other elements of nature.  DEET does a pretty good job of warding off insects I am most concerned about, and for the most part I can sit outside without much to bother me. My coffee is not so lucky.

Yesterday it was bugs.  Today we added tree particles.

One thing about camping is it reminds you of the little things to be thankful for.  Usually it starts with the little things you forgot to bring, like a coffee cup with a lid.  We are using a RV with an indoor toilet and thermostat so it is not all that tough.  That’s a good thing, because my son did not pack a jacket.

So today I am thankful for jackets, coffee cups with lids, thermostats, indoor toilets, and the campfire wood the prior users of this site left behind.  And about a million other things, starting with the three humans that joined me on this trip, and the brilliantly red cardinal that just flew into the tree in front of me.

I certainly don’t intend to let a little bit of “dirty coffee” bother me much.  Besides, it was cold anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment