Monday, January 4, 2016

Ode to the Cell Phone Case

I do not lose things very often. But when I do, I do a good job.

All is not well when I lose my cell phone case. I "believe" in belt clip phone cases. This keeps my phone with me wherever I go, and whenever I need it. I can feel it pretty quickly when it vibrates.  And it is handily available whenever I need a flashlight, a map, access to my calendar, and a myriad of other things. When I lose my phone case, all is not well with the world.

I pity the people who keep their phones in their pockets. It's uncomfortable.  Often you need to shift the phone from one pocket to the next. It's less secure. Certain pockets are too shallow to keep your phone properly protected. It can be hazardous. Many people have a cracked their screen from sitting down with their phone in their back pocket.

It's no wonder why some people routinely lose their phones. Not having it properly affixed to your belt makes you more likely to set it down on any tabletop or counter. And many young children or toddlers can certainly operate it and send text messages to China. You don't want to send unnecessary text messages to China, do you?

I feel naked when my phone is not attached to me, much like how others feel when they are not wearing their wedding ring or watch. Things simply just don't feel right if my phone is not on my waistband.

Oh, woe is me.  Does anyone want to feel sorry for me today?  My daughter might happily call me a "whaaaambulance" to help me deal with the loss of my “dorky” phone case.

I guess I won’t convert all of you to my way of thinking.  In the end it is a little thing.  But isn’t it interesting how little things can disrupt our day?  My cell phone case was found right where it was lost—under the blankets of my bed.  I guess I fell asleep with it on my waistband and it landed under the sheets.  No wonder I couldn’t find it.  But what would have been the worst case scenario?  I’m only $20 and a short trip to the mall away from a new case.  Wouldn't it be nice if all of our problems could be solved this easily?  What a waste of effort to spend our frustration on such little problems.

At least it’s a funny story, and I am laughing as I write this.  And my practical yet “dorky” phone case is properly relocated to its home on my hip.


No comments:

Post a Comment