Friday, January 1, 2016

If It's Not a Sheep It's a Cloak

I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles.  It is relaxing to me to pick up a piece and try to find where it fits.  Sometimes I sort by shapes or colors.  Sometimes what I think is a piece of one thing ends up being a piece of another.  Sometimes I am convinced a piece will fit in one area, only to find it does not.  Today I am doing a jigsaw puzzle with the picture of a Christmas manger scene.  I had cream-colored pieces which I thought were of sheep, only to find it was part of a wise man’s cloak.


Sometimes in our lives it seems the “pieces are not fitting.”  We end up with one disappointment, or a series of disappointments, that cause us to question our role in this world or this time.  The devil is quick to exploit these little disappointments and blow them out of proportion.  Perhaps we all need to be reminded that we have a perfect place in this world, and were created for a purpose that only we can do. We have our own little spot in the jigsaw puzzle of God’s plan.  And once we find it, we learn it is a perfect fit. 

written 12/29/15

No comments:

Post a Comment