Sunday, May 16, 2021

I Go Where He Takes Me

I am blessed to have a husband with a great sense of direction.  While I am capable of navigating maps, it takes an excessive amount of brain power.  However navigation comes naturally to him.  He can look at the map once and know where he is going.  I much prefer GPS that tells me where to turn.  

Thus when we went on a weekend getaway, he did the driving and I did the riding.  And when we got where we were going, and had to navigate around country roads within a state park, I sat around daydreaming and looking at the scenery, and he took me where we needed to go.  This was my detour to blissful ignorance.  That kind of trust is beautiful.

It made me think about my kids when they were little.  They never asked how to get to the store, church, school, or back home.  They just went where I took them.  Lucky for them I know my way around town, and I don’t need a map for that. Lucky for me, if I need to venture out somewhere else as the driver, I have GPS for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment