Tuesday, December 25, 2018

My Halfway-Mary Moment

On Christmas Eve night, my 3-year-old nephew was slightly sleepy or maybe slightly mad, yet nevertheless was in a snuggly mood.  I got my fill by once again having a small child in my lap that I got to rock back-and-forth.  With my own kids now in their teens, they have not fit in my lap in a long while.  

I remember when my son was a baby, and I would rock him in my arms.  I thought of Mary who did this to our savior, Jesus, many years ago.  God became man, now a helpless baby, needing nurturing as all babies do.  With my nephew in my lap, I thought of the wise men, who came when Jesus was a just a bit younger than my nephew is now.  How amazing to have a such small boy receive these amazing gifts. 

I hope this Christmas gives you some moments of inspiration like this.  Remember the reason for the season!  Rejoice, the savior is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment