Saturday, September 30, 2017

It's Good To Need Help Every Now and Then

This past spring (May 2017), my husband took a two week mission trip to the Philippines.  I remain grateful to those family and friends who helped me with the kids when he was gone.  Thank you!


It's good to need help every now and then. In those times, we are reminded of the people who love us and who we can count on, and others are blessed by helping. I am fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends.

I am, by nature, a type A personality, and I do not like to ask for help very often. It is good for me to be pushed to the point where I simply need to reach out. My husband's recent two-week mission trip to the Philippines gave me several opportunities to do that.

For many different reasons, my parents have not yet had an opportunity to stay with the kids and take care of them full-time for more than a few hours. It made their hearts happy to spend several days with us, and take care of the kids while I was on a two day business trip. They did an excellent job getting them ready for school, taking them to evening school events, and meeting their daily needs.

Sometimes my work schedule required me to have a helper to transport kids to school or to other events. Several people stepped up to volunteer.

One day my son was ill and had to be picked up from school. He had a high fever, and needed to be assessed at urgent care. One of his aunts jumped at the chance to help out, and went above and beyond simply taking him home. She brought him to me, had him seen at urgent care, and gave him some medicine, soup, and Gatorade to make him feel better. And she did it cheerfully.

It is good for us to need help every now and then. This gives the people who love us an opportunity to shine, and it helps us remember how truly blessed we are to have them in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment